1. Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at Fatima Family Center, 6809 Quimby Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44103 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Light dinner will be available.
· While this session is open to anyone, the target audience is clients/consumers, returning citizens, families impacted by incarceration, caregivers, grassroots organizations, media, elected officials, funders, businesses, and general public.
· Continuing Education Credits will be offered
· CEUs for social workers and counselors and RCHs for chemical dependency professionals – 1.5 CEUS and RCHs
· CLEs pending
2. Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at Greater Cleveland Food Bank, 15500 South Waterloo Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44110 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Morning refreshments, lunch, and a light afternoon snack will be available.
· While this session is open to anyone, the target audience is various service providers (multiple disciplines), community & faith-based organizations, academia, governmental entities, funders, media, and general public.
· Again Continuing Education Credits will be offered
· CEUs for social workers and counselors and RCHs for chemical dependency professionals – 6.5 CEUs and RCHs
· CLEs pending
· PLEASE NOTE – There is limited seating for both events. Please register promptly on the link embedded below:
· Background Information: The two above-reference sessions stem from work that has transpired over the last year. Beginning in 2013 key agencies in the Greater Cleveland area began convening to develop a coordinated and comprehensive service system to address the unique needs of children of incarcerated parents in Cuyahoga County. These two community engagement sessions that will provide you opportunities to:
· Learn more about the needs of children of incarcerated parents and effective responses to address their needs.
· Hear from local and national experts that will speak on this topic from the following perspectives: Research/Academia, Practitioner/Service Provider, Child/Families Impacted by Incarceration
· Contribute your ideas on the Greater Cleveland Strategy for Children of Incarcerated Parents
· Lastly, but certainly not least – a TREMENDOUS thank you to the sponsors for this event!
· Case Western Reserve University – Schubert Center for Child Studies
· Cuyahoga County
· Healthy Fathering Collaborative
· Oriana House, Inc.
· St. Luke’s Foundation
· University Hospitals – Rainbow, Babies & Children
· U.S. Attorney’s Office, Northern District of Ohio